Watch a 5 minute video in which I’m chatting to Loren Bartley from www.Impactiv8.com.au about why AdWords Remarketing is a powerful tool to add to your marketing mix.
What is AdWords Remarketing?
Have you noticed that sometimes when you visit a certain website, you suddenly start seeing ads for that website all around the internet? They are probably using Remarketing. While you think that they are advertising everywhere, they are actually just using advertising that is targeted to you, and other people who have visited their website.
AdWords remarketing works by tagging people who visit your website so that you can show those people your ads when they visit websites that are part of the Google Display Network.
What’s involved with setting up AdWords Remarketing?
- Set up your Remarketing list, either via AdWords or Analytics
- Choose who you want to target with the campaign and set up the relevant segmented lists eg you could start with all website visitors, all website visitors excluding those who converted, people who viewed a certain page, people who abandoned your sales cart or any other segment of people you want to Remarket to.
- Create an offer to encourage people to visit your website again and convert
- Create your Remarketing campaign within your AdWords account
- Add your banner ads – these can either be created by your designer, or via the Image Ad Builder. You can also add a text version of the ad.
Other considerations for AdWords Remarketing
- Frequency capping – you want people to see your ads often but not too often
- You need a minimum of 100 people on your Remarketing list before the campaign will run on the Display Network – the more unique visitors you get to your website, the bigger your list will be and broader the reach of your Remarketing campaign.
- I mentioned this above – while planning the strategy for the campaign, consider which segement/s of your website visitors you want to Remarket to, and what messages you can use to entice them to revisit your website and convert.
How much does Remarketing cost?
At Click-Winning Content we offer a fixed set up fee and monthly management fee, which includes optimising your campaign, updating creative as needed and providing regular feedback and a monthly report.
You can set the daily budget for the ad spend. From as little as $5 per day (around $150 per month) you’ll get good reach from your campaign. And keep in mind that you only pay when people click on your ads, so you’re also getting a lot views of your ad and reinforcement of your branding as part of your daily budget.
What kind of businesses is Remarketing best suited for?
Personally I think every business that has over 500 unique visitors per month should try Remarketing.
And it works particularly well for:
- eCommerce websites
- Training courses – promote your early bird sign up offer and remind people about the date your registrations close
- Conferences and Events – remind people of the date and location of the event, and encourage them to pre-register online before your closing date
- Accommodation and tourist attractions – people do a lot of online research while planning a trip to a certain city. Remind them about your accommodation or attraction so you get included in their itinerary.
Want to find out if AdWords Remarketing will work for your business?
Contact us. I’m always happy to chat AdWords. No Google speak required!
Melinda aka Mel is a Premier Google Partner, AdWords & Analytics Consultant, Speaker and Trainer and co-owner of Click-Winning Content. Mel provides results-driven services to Australian businesses and is committed to never using an acronym without explaining it first. She also likes grand slam tennis, cracked pepper and Melbourne sunsets. Please connect at the links below.