Today we hosted a Google Partners Connect event in conjunction with our fabulous web design/development partner Italicherry Design in Traralgon.
The event is run by the Google Partners team and gives Google Partner agencies the opportunity to invite clients and prospects to join them for an event which includes a Live Stream presentation about digital marketing.
Our guests received give-aways:
And tasty snacks:
The live-streamed presentation by Google covered the importance of:
- businesses being found by customers in the exact moments when they need you and are looking for your product or service
- having a mobile friendly website
- local businesses having a Google My Business listing that is up-to-date and includes correct information.
Here are my key take-aways from the presentation, with my thoughts added.
1. 8 in 10 people who are looking for a local business search online
If you want those people to choose your business, it needs to be found in the search results.
2. “near me” searches are rapidly increasing
If you’re a local business, make sure you have a Google My Business listing and appear on Google Maps, and optimise your website to appear in relevant searches for local suburb names.
3. Smartphones have changed your customers behaviour
They now expect immediacy, have higher expectations and want businesses to be loyal to their needs.
View your website on a Smartphone; was it quick to load, was key information easy to find without much scrolling, would it meet the expectations of those searching for your business on Smartphone?
4. If people can’t find your business in search engines when they search they will go elsewhere
Your business needs a website that can be found in search engines!
5. If you get reviews on your Google My Business page, it’s important to respond
Show that you are professional business that cares about customer feedback. Monitor your reviews, say “thankyou” to those have reviewed you and respond as needed, particularly if it’s a bad review.
6. 90% of consumers expect to be able to call you directly from the search results
Make sure you include a Call Extension in your AdWords campaigns which creates the “click-to-call” button when the ad is seen on mobile devices.
7. Search is the #1 method of finding a businesses’ phone number
Make sure the phone number of your business is easy to find, and is click-to-call.
Thanks go to the Google Partners team for making it so easy for us to host this event, to Wendy from Italicherry Design for co-hosting with us and providing the venue, and to my business partner Andrew for doing the coffee run so that each guest had a barista made coffee of their choice 🙂
Melinda aka Mel is a Google Partner, Google Ads & Consultant, Speaker and Trainer and co-owner of Click-Winning Content. Mel provides results-driven services to organisations around the world and is committed to never using an acronym without explaining it first. She also likes greyhounds as pets, grand slam tennis, cracked pepper and Melbourne sunsets. Please connect at the links below.