View the Google Analytics presentation from WordCamp 2017 in Brisbane that I delivered in conjunction with Paula Glynn, and find out how you can leverage Google Analytics to win clients and/or build your own business.
If you attended the presentation, thank you, and here’s the link to download the slides. Note that the links in this version of the presentation aren’t live, so I’ve added them below.
Here are some more super useful links to help you get more from Google Analytics
Google Analytics Academy
This includes free courses created by Google including Google Analytics for Beginners, Advanced Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager Fundamentals.
My Google Analytics 101 Videos
I created these vids a few years ago and the interface has changed since but the content is still valuable to help you understand your Google Analytics data and set up Goals to track conversions.
A Quick Video on Google Analytics Best Practices
More Useful Links
Google Analytics YouTube Channel (loads of free training videos)
Google Analyticator (plugin to set up GA)
Google Analytics by Monster Insights (another option for setting up GA)
Enhanced eCommerce Google Analytics Plugin for WooCommerce (a plugin for adding eCommerce tracking)
WP Google Analytics Events (a plugin for adding Event tracking)
A Quick Recap of the Best Practices and Value Adds
- Set up Google Analytics even if your clients don’t ask for it or you’re not yet ready to look at the data for your own business > down the track you and your clients will be glad you have access to the historical data
- Check that the Google Analytics Tracking code is working
- Use the Tag Assistant Chrome extension
- Or check the Real Time stats
- Check that the Google Analytics Code is only added once. If you see an un-naturally low Bounce Rate eg less than 10% that’s a good indication that the code has been added twice, and therefore you’re not seeing accurate data
- Have the client as the Owner and add yourself as a User (do not set up with your own account). Set them up a new Gmail if needed
- If it’s an eCommerce site have eCommerce tracking enabled
- Add a Google Analytics dashboard in WordPress
- Use Google Tag Manager
- Set up auto email reports for yourself or your clients
- Review data every few months and offer suggestions that can lead to conversion rate optimisation tasks.
Here are our contact details. Please connect via Social Media or feel free to leave a comment below.
Pixelstorm – Paula Glynn
Click-Winning Content – Melinda Samson
You’re already on the website!
Melinda aka Mel is a Google Partner, Google Ads & Consultant, Speaker and Trainer and co-owner of Click-Winning Content. Mel provides results-driven services to organisations around the world and is committed to never using an acronym without explaining it first. She also likes greyhounds as pets, grand slam tennis, cracked pepper and Melbourne sunsets. Please connect at the links below.