Google recently launched TV adverts in Australia for their new Google My Business product. For many small and medium sized business owners Google My Business will be an easy to use and effective way to be found by customers through Search, Maps or Google+. And it’s Free!
Here’s the TV ad for Google My Business
Google My Business launched on July 11. It replaces Google Places and Google+ Local.
If you already have a Map listing then verify it. Or if you’re keen to start using Google My Business you can sign-up through:
Search for the apps in the App store or Google play.
Features of Google My Business
- It’s free to set up a listing
- Anyone who has local service or physical store front and wants to be found locally should sign up
- Google My Business is mobile friendly, so you can update your listing and share updates while you’re out and about
- With this one listing, your business can appear in Google search results, on Google Maps and on Google+, across all devices
- In Google search results, when people search for business name, your business listing appears on the right hand side, and the listing includes all the information customers need to find out.
Here’s an example of how my business looks. The Google My Business listing appears in the Right Hand Column, along with all the information people need to find us.
Tips for a great listing
- Complete your Profile with as much information as possible
- Keep your listing up to date
- Monitor your Reviews and respond as needed
- Post photos directly from your phone and share what’s new and interesting in your business
- Connect with clients and prospects by adding them to your Circles
- Get help at support.google.com/business
Watch a Hangout on Air and Find out more
Pretty fab huh!
Until next time
Melinda aka Mel is a Premier Google Partner, AdWords & Analytics Consultant, Speaker and Trainer and co-owner of Click-Winning Content. Mel provides results-driven services to Australian businesses and is committed to never using an acronym without explaining it first. She also likes grand slam tennis, cracked pepper and Melbourne sunsets. Please connect at the links below.