Whether you’re starting out in business or you have a background in Marketing and want to confirm your digital marketing knowledge, Google Digital Garage is a fabulous training resource. And it’s FREE!
Google provides a lot of free training resources, particularly if you’re interested in becoming a Google Partner and want to learn about setting up and managing AdWords campaigns.
The resource I wanted to let you know about today is Google Digital Garage.
Google Digital Garage is free online training program that teaches you about all things digital marketing. This includes:
- Working out your online goals
- Key parts of a website; hosting, domain name, home page and navigation
- How to make your website easy for your web visitors to use
- How search engines work and how to get your website to appear in organic search results
- Understanding AdWords; how the auction works, what makes a good keyword and how to make your ads stand out
- Local marketing
- Video marketing including creating content, sharing, promoting, advertising and measuring video performance
- Expanding to international markets
- Using web analytics
- Making mobile work for you
- Social media basics
- Awesome information for eCommerce websites (I highly recommend that anyone starting an eCommerce website should watch this section)
- Using Content Marketing to build your business.
Why I enjoyed the Google Digital Garage training course
Truth is, I have a short attention span, and my brain moves fast. I am also someone who loves to learn and have my knowledge verified by an exam.
I really enjoyed this course because it’s broken down into short videos, and you can watch one or many, depending how much time you have available. Then there is a quiz at the end to check your knowledge. If you feel confident in your knowledge of a certain area you can jump ahead to the main quiz. But you only get one chance to do that and if you don’t pass you need to watch all the videos.
I’ve done a lot of Google training over the past ten years since I started working with Google AdWords campaigns and became a Google Partner in 2009. Although this training could be considered ‘introductory level’ I think it’s more than that. Because the content is really clearly explained and focuses on the key principles in each area of digital marketing, I think the course is also great for reinforcing the knowledge of service providers who work in the digital marketing area.
I recommend it whether you’re starting to learn about digital marketing, working in specialist areas of digital marketing and want to expand your knowledge of other areas and for AdWords agencies who want to confirm that your team’s knowledge is up to date and accurate.
It does take time. But you will learn a lot. And you get this certificate upon completion.
Until next time
Melinda aka Mel is a Premier Google Partner, Google Ads & Analytics Consultant, Speaker and Trainer and co-owner of Click-Winning Content. Mel provides results-driven services to organisations around the world and is committed to never using an acronym without explaining it first. She also likes greyhounds as pets, grand slam tennis, cracked pepper and Melbourne sunsets. Please connect at the links below.